One of the most disruptive things that can happen to our day is a clogged kitchen sink. Not only does it make you late for work or school, but it also makes your whole house smell like rotten eggs! In this article, we’ll share some tips for how to avoid a clogged kitchen sink and what to do in the event that it does happen.cheapest jordan 1 custom basketball nike air jordan 1 low custom basketball jerseys adidas online store jordan store adidas best shoes custom jerseys new york nfl teams nfl shop coupon code custom baseball jerseys nike air max 90 Bengals jerseys adidas shoe on sale nfl team shop
Why do I have a clogged kitchen sink?
A clogged kitchen sink is caused by a buildup of dirt and waste. Kitchen sinks are most commonly clogged by dirty dishes, which sit in the drain for too long and create food residue. Over time, this leftover food will build up on the trap, preventing water from flowing properly. In addition to blocking the sink’s drain, this can cause overflowing water in your home.
How to prevent your sink from getting clogged in the first place
- Having a garbage disposal can make it easier to keep food out of the drain, but not everyone has the space for one. Using a sink strainer can help get rid of more food before it reaches the tight part of the drain.
- When you pour grease or oil down your kitchen sink drain, you’re causing clogs in the pipes and a mess in your kitchen sink. Instead of pouring grease or oil down the drain, toss it in a sealable container and dump that container in the garbage.
- Hot water is a great way to prevent a clogged sink. Pour hot water down your sink once a week and allow it to run for about 3-5 minutes. This will help keep sediment from accumulating in the pipes and on your dishes.
- Use cold water via automatic faucet to wash away minerals and sediment
How to prevent that stuffy smell from the kitchen sink?
Determine the source of the odor. Do you notice it before or after you turn on the water? If it’s still present after running water, then your drain is probably blocked. Unblock and clean it out, and then try again. If it’s a dishwasher issue, shine a flashlight down inside and look for debris accumulation – if that’s not the problem then try clearing out your dishwasher’s filters.
How to clean a clogged kitchen sink
1. Remove the drain stopper and unblock the kitchen sink.
2. Pour a solution of one cup of white vinegar, 11/2 cups of warm water and 1/4 cup of salt into the sink.
3. Let solution sit for ten minutes.
4. After ten minutes, clear out all debris from the drain with a broom or your hand.
5. Pour another solution of one cup of white vinegar, 11/2 cups of warm water and 1/4 cup of salt into the drain to dissolve any grease or hair that has collected on the sides or bottom of the drain pipe over time.
6. Let solution sit for fifteen minutes before running a hot water faucet to flush out debris.
You still have a problem with Kitchen Sink? Call for help today!
Clogged pipes are no match for our years of experience. Give us a call at Plumbera when you need help with your plumbing. Our drain cleaning technicians will work quickly, whatever your situation.